We are a group of Jordana's colleagues from around the country, all committed to supporting the wellbeing and leadership of young people. Although we did not know Maddy personally, we have immersed ourselves in this Forum in order to catch a glimpse of the light and brightness that he brought to the people around him. We are particularly struck by Maddy's deep sensitivity around the injustices of the world and his commitment to do something about it. For many of us, that last page of his journal serves as a roadmap to guide us in the work:
· Organize and build power
· Be as prepared as possible and within reason
· Build community and mutual aid
· Lift each other up
· Trust compassion, empathy and humanity
· Learn, learn, learn, learn
· Find love and joy and the strength of the human spirit where ever you are.
Through the work of the foundations we represent and the work we do collaboratively, we are committed to following Maddy's guidance and redoubling our efforts to support young people to fulfill all the promise they hold.